Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
In an effort to promo their new routes and fall travel, Alaska Airlines just launched “Twice as Nice” promotion this week. You can earn double Alaska Airlines miles for travel between September 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018 on over 40 new nonstop routes that Alaska announced this year. But you must register for this promotion before your first flight.
Terms of the promotion include:
- Flights must be marketed by Alaska Airlines or Virgin America and operated by Alaska Airlines, Virgin America, Horizon Air, or SkyWest.
- Not valid on free or award travel.
- Double Miles do not count towards Mileage Plan Elite Status.
- Double Miles will be awarded within four to six weeks of meeting the promotion’s qualifications.
- You can find the Q&A list here.
Great Mileage Earning Opportunities
This promotion opens up some great mileage earning opportunities. Take the nonstop route between San Francisco and Orlando as an example, the cheapest fare I found is $296.40.
Normally you will earn 4,882 miles on this flight without any elite status. But with this promotion, you will earn twice the miles. Additionally, If you are an elite member with Alaska, you earn 100% bonus as MVP Gold member or 125% bonus as MVP Gold 75K member. So for less than $300, you could be earning nearly 16,000 redeemable miles as Alaska’s top elite member.
Mileage running, anyone?