Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Here are 5 steps to prevent an awful first business trip.
- Easy Journeys reports on receiving a (probably targeted) 75,000 point signup bonus for the Chase Sapphire Preferred. The extra $25,000 does require $25,000 in spending over the first year of having the card, so I don’t know that I’d classify this strictly as a signup bonus, but it’s still better than the typical offer, if you have (or can make!) a lot of spend. If you’ve recently applied for the CSP, you might try seeing if you could be matched to this offer – if it works, let me know! (SEE ALSO: How to destroy a metal Chase Sapphire Preferred card)
- I enjoyed this piece from Magic of Miles asking “How vulnerable are your belongings in the hotel?” I often wonder about whether or not to leave my passport in my hotel room or take it with me (so far, I’ve always taken it with me). See also: Confessions of an airport thief – jewelry, iPads, and phones swiped from planes
- American seems to be copying Delta’s plan to “upgrade” elites to a middle seat if it’s Comfort Plus
- Applying for Global Entry? Here’s a script that you can use to find appointment cancellations so you don’t have to wait 2-3 months till your interview
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Overwater bungalows coming to the Caribbean!