Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I’ve been tempted by some of these cheap $69 European fares on WOW / Norwegian. Here’s a report on what the $69 fares actually are like.
- How you might be able to get a 2nd Sapphire Reserve travel credit.
- Richard Branson has a private island called Necker Island which is (was) bookable for 1.2 million Virgin Atlantic points. Greg the Frequent Miler spent a week there late last year. Necker Island was also, unfortunately, right in the path of Hurricane Irma. Here’s a report on how the island survived Irma
- Comprehensive list on whether or not you can book award flights for other people, by airline. See also – “Can I book a hotel for someone else?“
- Delta just paid $4000 (!) to someone to take a bump on an oversold flight!
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Free Marriott points, and how you can transfer points BACK to Amex