Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
We wrote a few months ago about the Starwood American Express Business card and its 100,000 Marriott point welcome offer. The 100,000 point offer is scheduled to go away tomorrow (Wednesday October 31st). We don’t know what the offer might be like after that; it may go up, it may go down; or it may stay the same. If you’re looking to take advantage of the SPG 100K offer, you can check out the link and apply through our business card links – note that we may receive a commission if you apply for a card through our links.
Here’s the Important Stuff:
The new AmEx SPG Business Card is very similar to the personal version of the card.
(BUT WAIT! Make sure you’ll be able to get the card when you want to – these new rules go into affect later this month.)
- $95 annual fee (which is waived for your first year)
- The new cards earns:
- 6x Marriott Rewards per dollar spent at Starwood and Marriott properties
- 4x Marriott Rewards per dollar spent at US restaurants, US gas stations, wireless phone services from US providers, and US shipping services
- 2x Marriott Rewards per dollar spent on everything else
- Anniversary free night award up to 35,000 points (this is new on both the business and personal cards!)
- Free unlimited Boingo Wifi
- Receive 15 nights towards elite status starting in 2019
- Automatic Silver status
- You also have the ability to earn gold status after spending $30,000 on the card within a calendar year (in 2019, you’ll have to spend $35,000)
- Premium internet access at participating Marriott and Starwood properties
- Welcome offer of 100,000 points after $5,000 in spending within the first 3 months ($2,000 more spend required than the personal version)
Should You Get a New SPG Business Card?
This is a business card, so you will need to have a business to apply for this Marriott 100,000 point offer. Many credit card holders don’t think they will be able to qualify for a business card because they don’t have a business. Do you sell things on Amazon? Do you drive for Uber or Lyft? Or do you occasionally help your friends with booking travel? Then you may have a business possibly! If business cards aren’t your style, check out the new SPG Personal card instead.
The new welcome offer on the card is pretty good, even considering the SPG to Marriott transfer rates. To compare the card to previous offers, this is essentially a welcome offer of 33,333 SPG points. This beats the current personal SPG card offer, and the standard 25,000 SPG point welcome offer from the past. We have seen slightly higher offers on the SPG cards though before the Marriott merger though.
If you’re in the need for some Marriott Rewards points, go for it! I’ll be hanging onto my current SPG business card for now, and may hold out until 2019 to get the additional 15 nights towards my elite status.
You can check out the link and apply through our business card links – note that we may receive a commission if you apply for a card through our links
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them