Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Of course the biggest and most important travel news is my own, right?!!?!? 😀 I am giving away 10,000 Hilton HHonors points – make sure and enter before the contest ends next week!
- Chasing the Points shared a way to open up a Bank of America business checking account and get TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS in a cash bonus!
- One of the trickiest parts of “travel hacking” is keeping up with tracking different things. I have a few tricks in my Miles and Points Beginner’s Guide, but I also enjoyed Frequent Miler’s post about how to keep your brain from exploding trying to manage your miles and points.
- Cautionary tale over on Travel Codex about a fellow who signed up for the IHG loyalty program AT the hotel. After staying 34 nights at the Intercontinental Beijing, racking up a final bill of over $9,000, he expected to get 90,000 points. Instead, he only got 1,000 points! Those 90,000 points would have gotten him a lot of 5,000 point Point Breaks hotels!
- Somewhat buried in the news was the fact that some Award Wallet accounts were recently hacked! I love Award Wallet and use it to track my miles. It appears that it was only accounts with weak passwords, or whose passwords were compromised on other sites however
- I recently followed World Bicyclist on Twitter – a guy who is trying to visit every country by bicycle. Here is his report on bicycling through Turkmenistan.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Same day change guide, #ResellingDo, statement credit denials, chasing fares, how to retire to hotels and more
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them