Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Scott at Travel Codex gives the comprehensive guide to same day change and standby rules on different airlines.
- Trevor from Tagging Miles recently hosted the #ResellingDo conference, focusing on Manufactured Spending through reselling. I have done some reselling though not a ton, but unfortunately I was not able to attend the conference due to a prior commitment. Chasing the Points shares his #ResellingDo presentation with notes.
- Another recent travel conference was the F2B sessions in Phoenix. Caroline the Point Princess shared her presentation about chasing the fare not the destination
- One of the better credit card deals of the past few months has been the (eminently churnable) Bank of America Alaska card with 25,000 mile bonus AND $100 statement credit. I got one as part of my last credit card churn. PointsCentric shares some reports of readers who are being denied the $100 statement credit.
- I really enjoyed Free-quent Flyer’s post about retiring to hotels. As a SITCOM (Single Income, Two (Times Three) Children, Oppressive Mortgage), I’ve often wondered how much my monthly mortgage payment would last if I used it to manufacture spend hotel points to live in hotels. Free-quent Flyer breaks down how many points you’d need to generate to spend a month in the lowest category hotel for each of the major chains.
- The Kansas City airport is (apparently) severely outdated and is scheduled to either get a new terminal or possibly be completely replaced. Flyertalk wonders what is going to happen to MCI.
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Keeping track of foreign currency, a week in Admirals clubs, free European vacation, a free trip downtown – news and notes from around the travel world