If you have not been following along this week, here was the best of Points With a Crew. If you like what you’re seeing, make sure you don’t miss out on another deal, by following me on Twitter, Facebook or our once-daily email
- We recently got back from a family Amtrak trip where we had the good…. and the bad…. Here’s a post comparing Amtrak’s Superliner vs. Viewliner cars
- Where’s the parking at Amtrak’s Toledo Union Station (and is it free and safe!?)
- Reader Tim writes in trying to plan a backpacking trip to Europe and wants to know about stopovers. Can you get stopovers on a paid ticket?
- As part of our upcoming trip to Europe, I’m looking at taking a Delta flight to Boston before a same-day Aer Lingus flight to Dublin. Are connecting flights on different airlines a bad idea?
- Then, to top it off, Delta canceled my flight (but why I don’t mind!)
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- American Express NEVER EVER EVER does…. what?
- When your La Quinta points are expiring, follow this one simple step to get them extended for another 18 months
- There’s a new 75,000 point card offer out there!
- Here are the details on IHG’s new membership level called….. SPIRE!
News and Notes from around the travel world
- Which airline just raised its redemption rates by 25% with no notice? Along with other travel news, including gift card reselling, multiple Bank of America Alaska cards and more
- I’m loving these travel demotivator posters
If you’re still up for reading the best travel news, here was last week’s recaps – 9 headlines you may have missed – check out these “amenities”!?!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them