Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
If you have not been following along this week, here was the best of Points With a Crew. If you like what you’re seeing, make sure you don’t miss out on another deal, by following me on Twitter, Facebook or our once-daily email
- We recently got back from a family Amtrak trip where we had the good…. and the bad…. Here’s a post comparing Amtrak’s Superliner vs. Viewliner cars
- Where’s the parking at Amtrak’s Toledo Union Station (and is it free and safe!?)
- Reader Tim writes in trying to plan a backpacking trip to Europe and wants to know about stopovers. Can you get stopovers on a paid ticket?
- As part of our upcoming trip to Europe, I’m looking at taking a Delta flight to Boston before a same-day Aer Lingus flight to Dublin. Are connecting flights on different airlines a bad idea?
- Then, to top it off, Delta canceled my flight (but why I don’t mind!)
Miles, Points and Credit Cards
- American Express NEVER EVER EVER does…. what?
- When your La Quinta points are expiring, follow this one simple step to get them extended for another 18 months
- There’s a new 75,000 point card offer out there!
- Here are the details on IHG’s new membership level called….. SPIRE!
News and Notes from around the travel world
- Which airline just raised its redemption rates by 25% with no notice? Along with other travel news, including gift card reselling, multiple Bank of America Alaska cards and more
- I’m loving these travel demotivator posters
If you’re still up for reading the best travel news, here was last week’s recaps – 9 headlines you may have missed – check out these “amenities”!?!