Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
News and notes from around the travel world
- I’ve written before about the Bank of America Alaska Airlines credit card with a $100 statement offer, including the ability to apply for multiple cards at once. Doctor of Credit shares some cautionary tales about why that might not be a good idea.
- Points to be Made, a new @BoardingArea blogger focusing on European programs (programmes?!?) reports that Air France has raised flexible business class and first class redemptions by 25% with no notice.
- Chasing the Points, my go-to expert on gift card reselling, shares 3 reasons why you don’t want to play the gift card arbitrage game (prompted, I think, by me being a doofus)
- Even a simple selfie may limit the credit cards rewards you’re eligible for in the future.
- Rapid Travel Chai shares the new UNESCO World Heritage sites. I track the ones I’ve been to – it’s included in part of my MostTraveledPeople updates.
Need more travel news? Check out the last installment: Who’s “happy to reinvent [the cause] to suit whatever argument it may be making at a given time?” for
- A trick to always get a business class ticket from the US to Europe for $1000
- Sweet spots not originating in the US
- Lounge Access
- United’s “Plan B awards”, and more!