Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
News and notes from around the travel world
- I’ve written before about the Bank of America Alaska Airlines credit card with a $100 statement offer, including the ability to apply for multiple cards at once. Doctor of Credit shares some cautionary tales about why that might not be a good idea.
- Points to be Made, a new @BoardingArea blogger focusing on European programs (programmes?!?) reports that Air France has raised flexible business class and first class redemptions by 25% with no notice.
- Chasing the Points, my go-to expert on gift card reselling, shares 3 reasons why you don’t want to play the gift card arbitrage game (prompted, I think, by me being a doofus)
- Even a simple selfie may limit the credit cards rewards you’re eligible for in the future.
- Rapid Travel Chai shares the new UNESCO World Heritage sites. I track the ones I’ve been to – it’s included in part of my MostTraveledPeople updates.
Need more travel news? Check out the last installment: Who’s “happy to reinvent [the cause] to suit whatever argument it may be making at a given time?” for
- A trick to always get a business class ticket from the US to Europe for $1000
- Sweet spots not originating in the US
- Lounge Access
- United’s “Plan B awards”, and more!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Nah you weren’t being a doofus, you were trying to learn the game.
Your email did prompt me to put a post together, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve told the same story with the added risks
It is true that sometimes doing the wrong thing is better than doing nothing…