News and notes from around the travel world
- I’ve written before about the Bank of America Alaska Airlines credit card with a $100 statement offer, including the ability to apply for multiple cards at once. Doctor of Credit shares some cautionary tales about why that might not be a good idea.
- Points to be Made, a new @BoardingArea blogger focusing on European programs (programmes?!?) reports that Air France has raised flexible business class and first class redemptions by 25% with no notice.
- Chasing the Points, my go-to expert on gift card reselling, shares 3 reasons why you don’t want to play the gift card arbitrage game (prompted, I think, by me being a doofus)
- Even a simple selfie may limit the credit cards rewards you’re eligible for in the future.
- Rapid Travel Chai shares the new UNESCO World Heritage sites. I track the ones I’ve been to – it’s included in part of my MostTraveledPeople updates.
Need more travel news? Check out the last installment: Who’s “happy to reinvent [the cause] to suit whatever argument it may be making at a given time?” for
- A trick to always get a business class ticket from the US to Europe for $1000
- Sweet spots not originating in the US
- Lounge Access
- United’s “Plan B awards”, and more!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.