If you haven’t been following along with Points With a Crew this week, here are the top stories that you may have missed. If you like what you’re seeing, make sure you don’t miss out on another deal, by following me on Twitter, Facebook or our once-daily email
- Biggest news of the week was a reminder to complete the Alaska Airlines 25,000 mile offer for opening up a new checking account. There was some discussion also about who is eligible for the offer.
- Don’t you DARE pocket dial someone in an airport – an interesting legal saga involving a former airport board member, its chief executive, and a 91 minute pocket dial
- There are some good shopping portal bonuses going on right now – 4000 miles for the United portal, and 3500 miles for both Southwest and American
- Looking to go down the West Coast of the United States? Here are the 3 best options to go down the coast.
- The new IHG Point Breaks list has been released – here are the 160 hotels that you can book for only 5,000 points a night, starting on Monday July 27th.
- Staples really let me down by not honoring a deal that was on the front page of their website – here’s how I overcame their customer service #fail
If you’re still up for reading the best travel news, here was last week’s recaps – “Trust the website… the website is never wrong…”
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them