I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
The Chase IHG card is one of the few cards that I am actually willing to pay the annual fee on.
The reason is that it comes with a free night at ANY IHG hotel on your card anniversary (get 2 at the same time!)
The signup bonus on the Chase IHG card is now up to 75,000 IHG points, which is slightly higher than it’s been recently
Sometimes it pays to look in your email and physical mail for good credit card offers
Fortunately for me, American Express just sent me a GREAT offer in the mail!
The truth of the Traveler’s Triangle says that if you want to go where everyone wants to go when everyone wants to go there, it’s going to be tough to use miles (or you’ll have to pay a ton!)
One loyal reader wants to use miles to go to the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan in prime summer season – is that even possible?
You can get 250 Virgin America Elevate points for free in about 20 seconds. You can also get up to 2500 Virgin America points for signing up for the program if you haven’t already
You can also get 250 Avios for preregistering for the AerClub loyalty program. That can go well with British Airways household accounts (you can combine your whole family’s Avios together!)
Other news of the week
- There’s been a recent update to the Citi signuprules.
- If you haven’t heard, the price for Southwest Early Bird increased in March
- Check out this video of an epic roadtrip all along the 45th degree latitude! Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia and Mongolia
- Here’s 3 tricks so you don’t have to go on a profane rant at the airport gate… like this lady (above)
- There’s been a definite uptick in business class availability using American miles lately!
- Your GPS is wrong… this is NOT Mt. Rushmore
- Is the IHG Share Forever (2016 version) promotion worth doing at all?
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Why flight attendants hate Diet Coke, banning children from premium cabins, and a business class flight review
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them