Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
This week marked the end of the Top Travel Hacking tool March Mayhem event
Cathay Pacific actualy has FIVE different business class lounges in the Hong Kong airport
Because I love you guys, at my recent stop in Hong Kong, I visited all of them except The Pier (which was closed)
After our first class flight from Chicago to Tokyo on Japan Airlines, we took a business class flight Japan Airlines Business Class – Tokyo to Hong Kong
After a disappointing flight on JAL business class, we flew from Hong Kong to Singapore on Cathay Pacific business class
Here is our Cathay Pacific Business class flight review
SPG has a history of fairly lucrative online games and promotions. Right now there is a targeted promotion called SPG Member Exclusive
Some people aren’t targeted at all, some got 7500 points after stays, but I got one good for 2 FREE NIGHTS
And I’m having trouble resisting the lure of the “free” night…
So this week I had one of those nice “round number” birthdays.
I thought it was a good time to look back and reflect on 40 years of traveling.
One of the most contentious discussions about flying on planes deals with children, and especially crying or otherwise being disruptive
This week’s topic is similar – should children be allowed to sit in business or first class?
Personally, I think there’s no way a ban could or ever should work, but I sympathize with people in business class “trapped” with a screaming child.
Yes, I know the title is a little click-baity
But it’s not my fault!
And actually, there were a few of the 10 “shocking” secrets of flight attendants that I did not know – especially the one regarding why flight attendants hate Diet Coke
Other news of the week
- Now that Alaska is buying Virgin America, you might be interested in this Virgin America promotion where you can get up to 2500 points, which should (eventually!) turn into Alaska Mileage Plan miles!
- Last month, reader Jennifer was having some trouble getting her family of 5 to Greenville South Carolina, but now….. VACATION SAVED!
- Here’s the latest update to the Marriott Starwood merger
- Or what about 3 answers that you probably shouldn’t give your immigration officer
- Man At Airport Gate Ready To Pounce Like Jungle Cat At First Sign Of Boarding
- Hyatt also has a new promotion where you can earn up to 75,000 Hyatt points
- Here are my Top 5 packing tips if you’re trying to keep a surprise trip… well… a SURPRISE
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Which airport code letter is harder to get? QRO? VPS? WAW? XNA? ZRH?