Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Kathy at Will Run for Miles writes about how a hotel restaurant charged her an extra $25 without her consent – Is this Fraud?
- In other illegal acts news, Stefan over at Rapid Travel Chai writes I was robbed on Easter
- From The Onion – “Man At Airport Gate Ready To Pounce Like Jungle Cat At First Sign Of Boarding“. I know we’ve all seen these (and maybe even BEEN this guy?). That is one reason I like Southwest’s system of boarding – everyone’s got a number and you line up in order. It can make things a bit tricky for families flying on Southwest though – see tips and tricks on how families can sit with each other on Southwest and Can you save seats with Southwest Airlines seating?
- Over at Traveling Dad, Daymon shares 3 things traveling Dads always need to have on them when traveling.
- Frequent Traveler University (FTU) Advanced in Washington DC is now open for registration, though apparently tickets are selling out. Tickets are pricey and while much of the stuff that will be presented there you can learn for free online, there are 2 reasons I think these types of events can be good. #1 – sometimes when you pay for something, you’re more motivated to actually follow through on things, and #2 You can often get some good networking and tips on local tricks that people don’t share online.
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Pinterest
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: Surviving a long flight with a baby, what it’s like to fly El Al, and a 7 wonders of the world shakedown?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them