Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
We are down to the championship game in the bracket competition to figure out the best miles, points and travel tool. Make sure to make your voice heard and vote! Here are the 4 second round games
I am a sucker for checking things off of lists.
So I was intrigued to interview a guy who has been to airports whose IATA code start with all 26 letters of the alphabet.
His final flight was from Queretaro Mexico (QRO) – boarding pass pictured
The American Express Surpass card now has a signup bonus of 100,000 Hilton HHonors points.
The American Express Hilton card now has a signup bonus of 175,000 Hilton HHonors points.
Back a few months, the IHG Priceless Surprises promotion let you mail in 94 envelopes that would net you about 50,000 IHG points.
Many folks, myself included, have had quite a bit of problems. Now, with the promotion officially over (as of March 15th), I was still missing 24 IHG Priceless Surprises entries (other commenters are missing more!)
But we finally found the right person to contact and we have now gotten all 188 of our Priceless Surprises entries
Other news of the week
- On our recent trip, we crossed the border from Singapore to Malaysia, and then crossed the border from Malaysia to Singapore. Here’s our tips to make your border crossing easier
- I don’t know what caused it, but we got an amazing upgrade at the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui.
- Surviving a long flight with a baby, what it’s like to fly El Al, and a 7 wonders of the world shakedown?
- Big news of the week was Alaska increasing the prices for first and business class awards on Emirates, by as much as 100% (with no notice). They blamed “travel hackers“. Then they turned around and are apparently the winning bidder to buy Virgin America.
- With 4 different possible hotel points redemptions, I didn’t want to book ANY of them!
- Here’s how to avoid the higher ticket prices that come with American’s new fare rules
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Lighting free night certs on fire, business class review, and where are my Priceless Surprise entries?