Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
With the NCAA tournament in full swing, I thought it would be fun to run a mini bracket competition to figure out the best miles, points and travel tools. Make sure to make your voice heard and vote! Here are the 4 second round games
I’ve had 2 stays at Radisson Blu hotels, and I’m 0/2 in satisfaction
I still have 2 Club Carlson e-certificates – maybe I should just light them on fire?
After our first class flight from Chicago to Tokyo on Japan Airlines, we took a business class on JAL from Tokyo to Hong Kong.
It was underwhelming – REVIEW – Japan Airlines Business Class – Tokyo to Hong Kong
Don’t worry – we survived 🙂
Back a few months, the IHG Priceless Surprises promotion let you mail in 94 envelopes that would net you about 50,000 IHG points.
Many folks, myself included, have had quite a bit of problems
Now, with the promotion officially over (as of March 15th), I am still missing 24 IHG Priceless Surprises entries (other commenters are missing more!)
Other news of the week
- I had a good stay in Dubai, but I was definitely disappointed with the supposed “luxury” hotel Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek. After I complained, I received a less than satisfactory response – is it time to just let it go?
- After agreeing to a takeover by Marriott, then flirting with the Chinese, Starwood is (for now!) back with Marriott
- Last month, a family of 5 got an unfortunate schedule change from American – but after some advice, they were able to foil American’s dastardly scheme!
- Did you know that there’s an airline award chart that puts Easter Island in SOUTH AMERICA (instead of the South Pacific)?
- American Airlines devaluation day was this week, but if you missed out – there are still some American Airlines flights that you can book at the old mile prices
- Here are 3 SPG airline transfer partners that you do NOT want to use
- The largest US Passport has HOW MANY pages?
- Here’s an interesting case study for a family of 5 talking about the problem with diversifying your points
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: 2 trip reports in first class, #MarchMayhem, and don’t you DARE check in to your flight at 6pm