It’s March “Mayhem” (hey I don’t want to get sued, ya know)! Since this is one of my favorite times of the year, I thought I’d celebrate by running a bracket competition so we can determine the best miles and points tool out there.
- Thursday March 17th – #1 Award Wallet vs. #16 Boingo Wifi and #6 Rome2Rio vs. #11 Check My Trip
- Friday March 18th – #8 FlyerMiler vs. #9 Seatguru and #2 Autoslash vs. #15 Osmand
- Saturday March 19th – #3 Google Flights / ITA Matrix vs. #14 Cashback Monitor and #5 Award Mapper vs. #12 Expert Flyer
- Sunday March 20th – #7 Hotel Hustle vs. #10 Flight Aware and #4 Airline Route Mapper vs. #13 The Flight Deal
That left us with the following bracket – down to the final 8 tools! Now it’s time for the quarterfinals!
Here’s our schedule for the quarterfinals
- Thursday, March 24th – #12 Expert Flyer vs. #13 The Flight Deal
- Friday, March 25th – #3 Google Flights / ITA Matrix vs. #6 Rome2Rio
- Saturday, March 26th – #1 Award Wallet vs. #9 Seatguru
- Sunday, March 27th – #2 Autoslash vs. #10 Flight Aware
Next Tuesday (the 29th) we will close voting in all 4 contests and announce the final 4 tools.
Travel Hacking March Mayhem Quarterfinal #1: #12 Expert Flyer vs. #13 The Flight Deal
Our first quarterfinal features 2 tools that might be considered “Cinderellas”. #12 Expert Flyer won a squeaker – 53% to 47% over #5 Award Mapper. #13 The Flight Deal on the other hand won convincingly, 74% to 26% over Airline Route Mapper
Expert Flyer is a site that lets you set alerts for different award space. They do not have ability to see award space for EVERY airline, but they do support a good chunk of them. You can get an alert for when award space opens up as well as . The one downside with Expert Flyer (and why I don’t have them seeded higher) is that Expert Flyer is a pay site. They do offer a 5 day free trial but after that, the basic service is $4.99 / month.
The Flight Deal is in my opinion the leader of the airfare deal posting websites, which also include Secret Flying and Airfare Watchdog. They are one of my go-to sites to subscribe to in order to find mistake fares, error fares and just general good deals. If you’re looking for ways to not miss out on mistake fares and other great deals, following The Flight Deal on a Twitter is a must!
So which will it be? #12 Expert Flyer or #13 The Flight Deal? Vote below!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them