After our time on JAL first class from Chicago to Tokyo Narita airport, and a brief 3 hour layover in Tokyo Narita airport (where we took advantage of the JAL First Class lounge, it was time for the continuation of our long traveling day before ending in Hong Kong. Although we booked this award as a first class ticket (SEE ALSO: Finally got that RTW ticket booked – 159,500 miles and $148.86), there was not a flight from Narita airport to Singapore that had a first class cabin. There was the possibility of flying first class from Tokyo’s Haneda airport direct to Singapore in first class, but in the end we decided to just take 2 business class flights to Singapore (via Hong Kong).
We were in seats 15A and 15C on this JAL business class flight on a Boeing 767-300. This confused me a bit when row 15 was actually the 4th row on the plane!
These seats were comfy, and there was pretty ample leg room, but they did not lie down even close to flat – all they did was a basic reclining – I’d say only barely more than a typical economy or premium economy seat. Here’s a picture of the gentleman in front and to the right of me with his seat fully reclined
Again, it’s enough to make it pretty comfortable, but if you have trouble sleeping on planes, this likely would NOT be enough
Japan Airlines Business Class In flight entertainment
The IFE selection appeared to be pretty much the same as our first class flight from Chicago, but the device itself was (of course) significantly smaller and actually folded into the armrest
Japan Airlines Business Class meal
This was only about a 4 hour flight on our JAL Business Class trip from Tokyo to Hong Kong, but dinner was served. Here’s a picture of the menu
I had the curry flavored chicken, which was pretty tasty
Carolyn had pre-ordered a vegetarian meal and was pretty disappointed by the meal
There was ice cream served afterwards and by then, our flight was already landing in Hong Kong. We had a bit of a delay leaving Tokyo Narita due to ground traffic and ended up arriving an hour late.
- Trying to book a business class RTW ticket - try #1.... not good
- Finally got that RTW ticket booked - 159,500 miles and $148.86
- Navigating the SE Asia Visa situation
- [REVIEW] The Club at CVG airport lounge
- [REVIEW] American Airlines flagship lounge Chicago O'Hare
- Doubletree Johor Bahru: How is this only a Category 2 hotel!?!
- JAL first class review Chicago to Tokyo
- JAL first class lounge Narita airport
- Japan Airlines Business Class review – Tokyo to Hong Kong
- Snagging an upgrade at the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui
- Cathay Pacific Business Class Review: Hong Kong to Singapore
- How to cross the border from Singapore to Malaysia
- Help! I'm "stuck" in Emirates First class on ONLY a 777!!!
- Emirates Singapore airport lounge review
- Disappointed by the Radisson Blu Dubai Deira Creek
- Radisson Dubai hotel responds to my review - I should let it go but...
- Don't you DARE try to check in at 6pm
- The Emirates First Class lounge Dubai is ridiculous
- Emirates A380 first class review Dubai to New York
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Nice post, thanks for the pictures.