It’s March “Mayhem” (hey I don’t want to get sued, ya know)! Since this is one of my favorite times of the year, I thought I’d celebrate by running a bracket competition so we can determine the best miles and points tool out there.
You might remember a few months ago when I published my list of the Top 10 miles and points tools (and the honorable mentions!). Two weeks ago we had the 8 first round games
- Thursday March 17th – #1 Award Wallet vs. #16 Boingo Wifi and #6 Rome2Rio vs. #11 Check My Trip
- Friday March 18th – #8 FlyerMiler vs. #9 Seatguru and #2 Autoslash vs. #15 Osmand
- Saturday March 19th – #3 Google Flights / ITA Matrix vs. #14 Cashback Monitor and #5 Award Mapper vs. #12 Expert Flyer
- Sunday March 20th – #7 Hotel Hustle vs. #10 Flight Aware and #4 Airline Route Mapper vs. #13 The Flight Deal
and then the 2nd round games
- Thursday, March 24th – #12 Expert Flyer vs. #13 The Flight Deal
- Friday, March 25th – #3 Google Flights / ITA Matrix vs. #6 Rome2Rio
- Saturday, March 26th – #1 Award Wallet vs. #9 Seatguru
- Sunday, March 27th – #2 Autoslash vs. #10 Flight Aware
Then we had the semifinals
- Thursday, March 31st – #2 Autoslash vs. #3 Google Flights / ITA Matrix
- Friday, April 1st – #1 Award Wallet vs. #13 The Flight Deal
That left us with the following bracket – down to the final 2 tools! Now it’s time for the championship round!
I’ve seen comments on posts from the creators / owners of both Award Wallet and Autoslash, so I know they’re both paying attention. We’ll see which of them will earn the “prestigious” title of Top Travel Hacking tool!
On Tuesday (April 3rd) we will close voting and declare the top travel hacking tool out there!
Travel Hacking March Mayhem Championship: #1 Award Wallet vs. #2 Autoslash
Although we did have a few upsets in the earlier rounds, we are all “chalk” in the finals as the top 2 seeds prevailed. Autoslash was a narrow winner (53% – 47%) over Google Flights / ITA Matrix in the first semifinal, while Award Wallet continued its path of destruction, defeating The Flight Deal by a 3:1 margin.
Award Wallet is a tool designed to keep track of your different miles and points balances. You can enter in your balances in hundreds of different programs and Award Wallet will track your balance as well as expiration dates (this is limited in the free version). I’ve also used Award Wallet just to keep track of my different usernames / frequent flyer numbers, as well as I’ve used Award Wallet to keep track of my different travel plans. Here is my review of Award Wallet
I’ve written before about Autoslash, which is a tool that you can use to get the best price on a rental car. They have an option that can let you book your rental car directly with them, but I have not found that to be as effective. Where the magic happens is that you can book a car anywhere online, and then enter your details into Autoslash. It’s how I got a car that Avis was renting for over $100 / DAY for just over $100 for AN ENTIRE WEEK! More recently, I had another huge success with using Autoslash to save about 50% on my car rental
So which will it be? #1 Award Wallet or 2 Autoslash? Vote below!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them