Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
If you are not yet a member of Alaska Airlines MileagePlan, they are giving you 5,000 reasons to join now.
Join Alaska Airlines MileagePlan by April 30, 2017 and complete a flight by September 30, 2017, you can earn 5,000 bonus miles! To start, you can click here.
This is the highest bonus I have seen for joining any frequent flyer program, and 10x of Singapore Airline’s current bonus promotion for joining their Krisflyer program. Terms of Alaska’s promotion are below:
- Bonus miles offer is valid only for new Mileage Plan members who enroll between March 23 and April 30, 2017, and complete a qualifying Alaska or Virgin America flight between the enrollment date and September 30, 2017.
- To qualify, the flight must be eligible to earn Mileage Plan miles and must be credited to the new Mileage Plan account; codeshare flights with other airlines do not qualify.
- An individual may receive the bonus a maximum of one time, even if they hold multiple separate Mileage Plan accounts.
- Offer is not combinable with other Mileage Plan enrollment or account activation promotions.
- Mileage Plan conditions of membership apply.
5,000 miles are enough for an one-way award ticket on Alaska Airlines for flights less than 700 miles. Here’s an example of award flights from San Jose to Seattle in July. Availability is wide open through the end of current schedule (February 2018). Alaska allows free unlimited change of award tickets up to 60 days prior to the travel date.
Instead of using the 5000 bonus miles on Alaska’s flights, you can use it on flights with any of Alaska’s global partners (with the exception of Alaska’s new partner Condor whose redemption has not yet been announced.) For example, 5,000 miles is enough to upgrade from coach to premium economy on Cathay Pacific to Asia, British Airways to Europe, and Qantas to Australia and New Zealand.
Are you panning to join Alaska Airlines MileagePlan?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them