It’s almost the end of June, which means it’s time for the next quarter of 5% cashback! Have a Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom Flex? You can earn 5% back at
- Gas Stations
- Car Rental Agencies
- Movie Theaters
- Select Live Entertainment
this quarter, up to $1,500 maximum. Here’s the best part – for most people (if you have a premium Chase card like the Sapphire Preferred or Ink Business Preferred), that 5% is really 5x Ultimate Rewards. Super useful for transferring to airline partners and booking travel on the Chase portal.
Gas stations is a common category for 5% cards, but even more common for good regular rates on other cards. Meaning, this may not be that exciting for you, even if you spend a lot on gas. Consider the Costco card for 4% cashback on gas worldwide as one option. Another option I’ve been using is 8x Wyndham Rewards points with the Wyndham Business credit card for use at Vacasa vacation rentals.
Car Rental Agencies is another category that isn’t that compelling. Because there are so many better credit cards that offer car insurance, I’d be cautious about that. Movie theaters and select live entertainment are great if you have much in the way of expenses, but it’s hard to really maximize.
Login to your Chase account, select your Freedom or Freedom Flex card, and be sure to activate your 5% back now. You’ll be ready to go for the new year!
Tips for Maximizing the Chase Freedom Q3 2022 Cashback
- If your local gas station will accept credit cards for payment of gift card purchases, consider prepaying some expenses. Pick up a gift card to Home Depot for that next home improvement project, or a gift card to AMC Theatres or Regal Cinemas for date night. (Consider shopping around for a better rate on your gift cards though!)
- The other categories will be tough to maximize, especially since I wouldn’t recommend paying for your car rental with a Chase Freedom Flex due to the poor car rental coverage.
Chase Freedom Flex welcome offer
If you don’t have a Chase Freedom Flex already, you can apply for one through my top credit card offers page. You can get
A $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
You can also earn 5% cash back on gas station purchases on up to $6,000 spent in the first year.
- 5% on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- 3% on dining at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- 3% on drugstore purchases
- 1% on all other purchases
With the 5% bonus welcome offer, you can get 10% on gas through the end of September.
What are your plans for maximizing your Chase Freedom Q3 2022 bonus categories? Leave them in the comments
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them