I recently flew business class on the EgyptAir Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner IAD-CAI. this EgyptAir business class review will talk about seats, food, amenities and …As our time in Japan came to a close, we got set to head back to North America. We first took a quick flight on ANA from Osaka to Tokyo and then made our way by train from Haneda Airport to Narita Airport. Once at Narita, we spent most of our time at the Tokyo Narita / NRT Terminal 1 ANA Lounge. Before too long, we were ready to board our next flight, in Air Canada Business Class on the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. This Air Canada Dreamliner Business Class review will go through the seat, amenities, food and other experiences on our flight.
For more articles from this trip, see the table of contents at the bottom of this post.
Air Canada Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Business Class NRT-YYZ Details
- Airline: Air Canada
- Aircraft: Boeing 787-900 (B789) / Dreamliner
- Cabin: Business, 1-2-1 configuration
- Origin: Tokyo Narita (NRT)
- Destination: Toronto Pearson (YYZ)
- Distance: 6,415 miles
- Departure Time: 7:10 p.m.
- Arrival Time: 6:14 p.m. (-13 hour time difference)
- Total Flight Time: 12 hours 14 minutes
- Flight date: April 13, 2023
- Seat: 7E (left middle in the 1-2-1 configuration)
Tokyo Narita Star Alliance Lounge Access and Air Canada Boarding Process
Air Canada (and all Star Alliance) business class passengers have access to the Tokyo Narita / NRT Terminal 1 ANA Lounge, which is located in Terminal 1 near Gate 52. I had booked an early connecting flight from Osaka to Tokyo-Haneda in case there were any problems, but there were not, and so that left us with several hours to spend in the lounge before our scheduled 4:55p.m. departure time. Early in the day, I had already started getting notifications of the plane’s departure time being delayed, which turned out to be due to a volcanic eruption.
When it was time to board our flight, we made our way through the terminal to Gate 45, which was quite crowded. The plan ended up being delayed even more, and didn’t take off until 7:10 p.m., a little over 2 hours late.
We boarded with the first group, and made our way down the jet bridge towards the Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner plane.. It’s always a treat when there are two boarding doors open and you get to turn left!
Air Canada Dreamliner Business Class Seats Tokyo to Toronto
I had selected seats 5D and 5G for us, which are the 2 middle seats in a 1-2-1 Air Canada Dreamliner Business Class configuration.
The seats have a full divider that you can raise if you’re traveling by yourself, but we kept it down for the majority of the flight (other than when we were sleeping). The seat had both regular AC power outlets and a USB power outlet, as well as controls at the seat and a remote control to manage the TV.
Unfortunately the seat controls at my seat were broken, so the seat only could go in the fully flat or fully upright position.
This was annoying but not a HUGE problem, as the seat was able to go fully flat. The fully-flat configuration was quite comfortable, and I was able to get about 6 hours of solid sleep on the flight, which was more than I was able to do on my last flight. It was a bit of an awkward timing, since
Air Canada Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner Business Class Entertainment
There is a large screen at your seat showing a variety of different entertainment, however somehow I did not take a picture of that (bad travel blogger!). Here is a picture from my Etihad Dreamliner Business Class flight – it was similar to this.
Air Canada Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Business Class Review – Amenities
At our seat was an amenity kit from Acqua Di Parma
It had a standard array of toiletries as well as a sleep mask, face covering and socks.
There was Air Canada business class wifi available for purchase. Because it was (sort of) during the day and I had more time awake, I did end up purchasing the plan. It was CAD$30 which worked out to be USD$22.90. The speed was quite reasonable and I was able to do everything I wanted to do on the Internet during my flight. It was nice to be able to connect to the Internet to check on flight status since with the delay our connection was starting to get kind of tight.
Air Canada Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner Business Class Menu
Before I get to a review of the food on my Air Canada Dreamliner Business Class flight, here are shots of the menu that was presented onboard.
There was also an insert listing the different alcoholic beverages available. I don’t drink alcohol, so this is not super exciting for me personally, but I know that many people look for the alcohol selection when selecting a business class flight.
Air Canada Dreamliner Business Class AUH-NRT Food
Dinner was served shortly after take off. First came the appetizer which was prosciutto (served with warm bread), which was tasty.
Next came the main course. I went with the chicken and potato gnocchi.
Dessert was next – I had the cheesecake which came with a cheese plate as well.
During the flight, there was a snack basket which was kept in the galley as well as brought out into the cabin periodically.
After getting a solid few hours of sleep, when I woke up, breakfast was served. I had the cheese omelette with sausage and potatoes.
The Air Canada Dreamliner Business Class food was excellent and I would definitely fly Air Canada business class again.
- Booking a (nearly) round the world Aeroplan award for 2023
- Fixing an Air Canada Aeroplan Booking (that included time travel)
- How to get from IAD to DCA (or downtown Washington DC) UPDATED with Silver Line
- How to get tickets to the Washington Monument
- Hyatt Place Herndon/Dulles Airport-East Hotel Review
- United Polaris Lounge IAD Review
- Turkish Airlines IAD Lounge Review
- EgyptAir Business Class 787-9 Dreamliner Review IAD-CAI
- One Day in Cairo Egypt
- Staybridge Suites Cairo - Citystars Review
- Wow - everything is SO cheap in Egypt!
- EgyptAir Alioth Cairo / CAI Airport Lounge Review
- EgyptAir Regional Business Class Review CAI-AUH
- AUH Etihad Business Class Lounge Review Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Business Class Review AUH-NRT
- Comfort Hotel Tokyo Kiyosumi Shirakawa Review
- Tokyo Street Karting Review (Mario Kart Tokyo)
- I'll admit it... I don't understand the Tokyo Subway system
- Tokyo to Osaka Shinkansen Bullet Train Review
- Osaka Hotel Universal Port Vita Review (Universal Studios Japan)
- Universal Studios Japan / Super Nintendo World Review
- Tokyo Narita Terminal 1 ANA Lounge Review (NRT)
- Air Canada Business Class 787-9 Dreamliner Review NRT-YYZ
- Outrageous Air Canada compensation
- How a Volcano Made Me Sprint Through The Airport
- (Literally) The Longest Day Of My Life
- What Is Going On With Uber?
The Bottom Line – Air Canada Dreamliner Business Class Review Tokyo to Toronto
My Air Canada Dreamliner Business Class review is that it was an outstanding flight, with a comfortable lie-flat seat and excellent food. If you have the chance to fly Air Canada Business Class on the Dreamliner / Boeing 787-900, I highly recommend it.
Have you flown Air Canada Business Class on the Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner? Leave your thoughts in the comments below
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Thanks for sharing this blog, Keep it up!