After departing the Staybridge Suites Cairo Citystars, it was time to head to the Cairo airport for our flight to Abu Dhabi. We ordered an Uber which was incredibly cheap (about 80EGP or ~USD$3 for a 15 minute ride). Because we were in business class, we had access to the “Gold Track” security lane at the airport, which I’m not sure was any faster than the regular lines
We quickly went through security and immigration and made our way to the terminal.
EgyptAir Alioth Cairo airport lounge location
Cairo Airport Terminal 3 has F, G and H gates, with H in the middle and F and G to either side. The EgyptAir Alioth Cairo / CAI lounge lounge is to the left after you clear immigration, in the direction of the F gates.
Cairo EgyptAir Alioth airport lounge seating
Once you enter the EgyptAir CAI Terminal 3 Alioth lounge, you can go to the left or the right for the two different seating areas. When we got to the Alioth lounge around 8 a.m. it was fairly crowded but quickly thinned out. This is the entirety of the seating area to the left side, though the one on the right was a little bigger.
There are hardback chairs around tables of 2, and more comfortable lounge-type chairs as well. There are a variety of 220V power outlets around the outsides of each room. One thing to mention is that the lounge was FRIGID. They were really cranking the A/C.
EgyptAir Alioth CAI Terminal 3 Lounge Review: food
There is a small variety of food on both sides of the lounge.
Nothing really jumped out at me, but my son loved the donuts 🙂
There is a small minifridge with soft drinks and water as well as a coffee machine.
EgyptAir Cairo airport lounge wifi
The EgyptAir Alioth Cairo / CAI Airport Lounge wifi was tragically slow.
The slowness of the wifi made it nearly unusable unfortunately. One interesting thing about the wifi is that they have single-use codes on a small slip of paper with a wifi username and password. You would think that they would give those out when you checked in, but no. You have to sit down, figure out that you will need one and then go back up to the front desk to get one. Then once you give that code to your partner (or try to log in on another device) and find that it is single use, you get to go back up to the front desk. Seems like a less-than-efficient process, but what do I know.
EgyptAir Cairo airport Alioth lounge amenities
There are not really amenities to speak of in the EgyptAir Cairo Terminal 3 Alioth airport lounge other the seating, food and “wifi”. There are restrooms inside the lounge, which is probably a small step up from the terminal.
- Booking a (nearly) round the world Aeroplan award for 2023
- Fixing an Air Canada Aeroplan Booking (that included time travel)
- How to get from IAD to DCA (or downtown Washington DC) UPDATED with Silver Line
- How to get tickets to the Washington Monument
- Hyatt Place Herndon/Dulles Airport-East Hotel Review
- United Polaris Lounge IAD Review
- Turkish Airlines IAD Lounge Review
- EgyptAir Business Class 787-9 Dreamliner Review IAD-CAI
- One Day in Cairo Egypt
- Staybridge Suites Cairo - Citystars Review
- Wow - everything is SO cheap in Egypt!
- EgyptAir Alioth Cairo / CAI Airport Lounge Review
- EgyptAir Regional Business Class Review CAI-AUH
- AUH Etihad Business Class Lounge Review Abu Dhabi
- Etihad Business Class Review AUH-NRT
- Comfort Hotel Tokyo Kiyosumi Shirakawa Review
- Tokyo Street Karting Review (Mario Kart Tokyo)
- I'll admit it... I don't understand the Tokyo Subway system
- Tokyo to Osaka Shinkansen Bullet Train Review
- Osaka Hotel Universal Port Vita Review (Universal Studios Japan)
- Universal Studios Japan / Super Nintendo World Review
- Tokyo Narita Terminal 1 ANA Lounge Review (NRT)
- Air Canada Business Class 787-9 Dreamliner Review NRT-YYZ
- Outrageous Air Canada compensation
- How a Volcano Made Me Sprint Through The Airport
- (Literally) The Longest Day Of My Life
- What Is Going On With Uber?
The Bottom Line – EgyptAir Alioth Cairo / CAI Airport Lounge Review
EgyptAir does have several different business class lounges in Cairo Airport Terminal 3, so maybe other lounges are better? On the other hand, Matthew at Live and Let’s Fly reviewed the lounge back in 2021 and counted this as the best Cairo Terminal 3 airport lounge, so maybe the other EgyptAir CAI lounges are even worse…
Have you been to the EgyptAir Alioth Cairo / CAI Airport Lounge before? What did you think? Leave a note in the comments
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
One of the worst lounges I have been to. Cairo airport, although also very bad is far better than the lounge. This is one of the nations faces. It should be taken care of much better than that and more attention should be paid to make it more acceptable for travellers.
Yeah – it isn’t great, that’s for sure
i agree, its shit