Yes, Southwest is having a fare sale and so is JetBlue, but Alaska is ALSO having a fare sale. Alaska’s fare sale is specifically on their Hawaii routes, but only from 16 cities in the western United States. In addition to the “usual suspects”, fares are available from such metropolises as Yakima WA (YKM), Kalispell MT (GPI) and Pullman WA (PUW)
Alaska sale fine print
Here’s the fine print on the sale
- Purchase by 11:59 pm (PT) on March 1, 2018, and at least 21 days prior to travel.
- Travel to and from Hawaii is valid Mondays through Thursdays from April 16, 2018 – May 23, 2018.
- Some flights operated by Virgin America
- If nonstop service is offered during the advertised travel period, the advertised fare applies to the nonstop flights only.
Here are a few example fares – San Diego to Kona for $199 or Maui for $229 (one way)
A few other fares I saw
- Portland to Maui for $199
- Salt Lake City to Kona for $299
- Oakland to Kona for $189, Maui for $199 or Kauai for $239
- Seattle to Kauai for $228, Kona for $229 or Maui for $269
Remember if you have the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card (and its associated companion fare), you can get a 2 for 1 on these fares. Possibly combining it with a 12,500 Avios award redemption
Plan to take advantage of any of these sales?
(H/T Mile Nerd)
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them