American Airlines is having an American Airlines Black Friday / Cyber Monday offer. But instead of a deal on fares, they are offering a bonus on buying miles. I typically would not recommend buying miles except in very specific circumstances, but if you’re in the market, might as well do it with the biggest possible bonus!
For my complete list of Black Friday / Cyber Monday deals, check out
- SPG / Marriott Black Friday and Cyber Monday hotel deals
- Wyndham Black Friday / Cyber Monday hotel deals
- American Airlines Black Friday offer – bonus on buying miles
- 7 Amazon Black Friday travel deals for 2017
- Expedia Black Friday 2017 deals – up to 75% off select hotels and travel
- Orbitz Black Friday deals on hotels
Here are the details on the AA Black Friday buy miles offer, which is a 20% bonus. The offer expires November 27th (Cyber Monday) at 11:59 p.m. CST
In order to receive any bonus miles and discount under this American Airlines Black Friday promotion, you must purchase a minimum 10,000 miles. If you buy (or gift) the maximum of 150,000 miles, you will receive 120,000 bonus miles for a total cost of $4425.00, approximately 1.64 cents per mile. Again, I don’t typically recommend buying miles unless you’re doing it for a specific redemption, but 1.64 cents per mile through this American Airlines Black Friday / Cyber Monday promotion is about as low as I’ve seen it
As usual accounts less than 30 days old are not eligible for thisAmerican Airlines Black Friday / Cyber Monday promotion. You can only purchase up to 150,000 AA miles each calendar year. The purchase will be non-refundable and non-reversible, and purchased miles do not count towards elite status.
[SEE ALSO: I just bought points… for the first time ever]
To purchase or gift miles, click here. American Airlines processes purchased miles directly, so be sure to use a credit card that earns a category bonus on airfare purchases, including:
- The Platinum cards from American Express – 5 points per dollar spent;
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express – 3 points per dollar spent;
- Citi Prestige – 3 points per dollar spent;
- Chase Sapphire Reserve – 3 points per dollar spent;
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – 3 points per dollar spent.
(SEE ALSO: Top Credit card offers )
Do you plan to buy AA miles through this promotion?