Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- Now that commercial airline service to Cuba has opened up, US airlines submitted over 100 requests for service to the island country!
- Did you know that there are still 29 people (probably less by now) that don’t know who won the Super Bowl?
- You already know that you shouldn’t post your boarding pass online, right? Zach at The Points Guy talks about how you can prevent unauthorized changes to your flights. I have been amazed at how easy it’s been for me to help my friends make changes to their airline itineraries with just their name and the record locator.
- I have a problem with waiting to book my travel until I absolutely KNOW that my plans are set. It’s burned me before, and something I’m working on, so I enjoyed Loyalty Traveler’s post about not “fearing” open-circuit travel.
- At the Traveling Dad conference at Disney World last week, I met YouTuber Daymon Patterson from Daym Drops – here’s a hilarious food review of the veggie stir fry at Disney World. Speaking of Disney, did you see how I surprised my kids with the Disney trip?
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Pinterest
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: On stealing money from Staples