Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here are some top stories that I’ve seen recently from around the travel world
- I know that many people are going to China on some of those American Airlines business class fares to Beijing. Here are some cool infographics on traveling to China. If you’re interested in mistake fares, you may also enjoy my recent post on Freedom of Information Act requests about the recent United “Great Dane” mistake fare
- 6 tips for using budget airlines to get around Europe. Another good reminder that when you’re traveling from the US to Europe, just focus on the transatlantic segment – you can always position with other flights on the origin or destination side
- Minor league baseball players that are called up to the big leagues often don’t get paid very much, especially for food and lodging. Some of the New York Mets are studying some of our travel hacking techniques! Read the Beginner’s Guide first, guys!
- 4 white lies to tell your kids when traveling. “I WILL TURN THIS CAR AROUND RIGHT NOW!” Reminds me of the 17 hour county trip I did with 3 of my kids
- From the Deal Mommy, a great post on precautions you should take in case your kids get sick overseas. Even OTC medicines that you take for granted in the US are not always available overseas.
- For each chain, here are the rules on whether or not you can book an award for someone else.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them