Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Add this to the week’s interesting “small airports, great deals” file: $350 deals to Beijing, China. That’s a standard price from, say, Los Angeles or San Francisco. Not so much from St. Louis or Colorado Springs! And yet, that’s what Alaska + Hainan and the U.S. “big 3” are offering – big city deals from small airports. Hainan is not a bad option, given their 5-star SkyTrax rating and generally good reviews. A pretty good way to see the Great Wall or the Temple of Heaven UNESCO site!
These prices are good from September through next March, though not for Christmas and New Year’s travel. However, Thanksgiving and President’s Day are good for the sale. Some verified deals (surprise tiny airports in italics):
- St. Louis: $348 (Hainan/Alaska)
- San Diego: $350 (Alaska, United matching but longer layovers)
- Colorado Springs: $350 (UA)
- Denver: $357 (UA, Alaska/Hainan)
- Eugene, OR: $400 (American, Alaska/Hainan/ UA)
- Philadelphia: $400 (AA, UA, Delta)
- Phoenix: $450 (Alaska, American, UA)
- Missoula, MT: $500 (Alaska/Hainan)
Los Angeles is of course still $300, a fare offered by multiple airlines
The best part about flights to Asia: they are almost always “main cabin” economy, even at “basic economy” prices. That means seat choice and 2 checked bags on these fares, making the deals even better. Given that the superb Europe deals this week died in 24 hours, these too may have a short lifespan. So book now if you want to visit China on the cheap.
- Departure: St. Louis
- Stops: Chicago O’Hare
- Arrival: Beijing
How to Book
- Follow link for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- September 2019 – March 2020
- 5-day stay required
Where to Stay in Beijing
(SEE ALSO: Hilton Beijing Review)
(SEE ALSO: Renaissance Beijing Wangfujing Review)
Things to Do in Beijing
- Mutianyu Great Wall – (SEE ALSO: Video review of the Mutianyu Great Wall Toboggan Review)
- Forbidden City
- Temple of Heaven
- Summer Palace
- Lana Temple
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them