Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
In case you missed any of the awesomeness that is Points With a Crew this week, here is the best of the week!
- If you have a lot of Sears Shop Your Way Rewards (SYWR) points that have expired, here’s a simple trick to get your expired Shop Your Way points reinstated. One commenter used that information to save $150 in SYWR points!
- If you have the Barclay US Airways card, you can get a free $25 statement credit for signing up for paperless statements. If you already have paperless statements (like I do), you can just un-sign up and then sign up for the $25 credit – details in the post.
- IHG came out with a new promotion called IHG Set your Sights, which offers 50,000 points for completion of a series of personalized tasks. There were some that were reporting that you could get 2 free nights instead of the 50,000 points (similar to the IHG Into the Nights promotion), though that does not appear to be true. If you got an offer you’re not happy with, remember that you can consider signing up a new IHG account.
- Uber surge pricing has been in the news before (like when a lady crowd-funded her $362 Uber bill), but this week they got criticism for surge pricing in the aftermath of the Sydney hostage situation.
- What’s in my wallet? A look at my latest credit card churn – see which 5 cards I applied for.
- One of the cards I recently got was the (SPOILER ALERT!! :-D) Chase Freedom card. The refer a friend offer for the Chase Freedom is now over, though you can check which other Chase cards have ongoing refer a friend offers.
- There are 3 ongoing United promotions where you can save money on award redemptions to Europe, Mexico, Hawaii and Japan. Wait, that’s 4 locations! Time to fire the copywriter I guess!
- There’s an ongoing free money event at Office Max stores – $20 off of $300 Visa or Mastercard gift card purchases. That deal was going on last week, but the initial signage that was up said the deal was good through 12/27 (this week also), though one follower on Twitter mentioned that he had to escalate to a manager to get them to honor the deal this week.