Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- A Chinese tourist was vacationing in Germany when his wallet was stolen. He attempted to report the crime but inadvertently signed a government asylum form. That started a whole process which ended up with him living in a refugee camp for 12 days before someone finally figured out what was going on. The whole saga is quite unbelievable
- We are giving away a $100 Visa Gift card – enter in 5 different ways
- I’ve written before on how to still get Priority Pass lounge access if you forgot your card, but the Devil’s Advocate wrote a great post about how to keep track of the guest policies if you have multiple Priority Pass memberships (which I do)
- You can get a free stay at an Atlantic City hotel if you’re Hyatt Diamond or Platinum. Hyatt Platinum comes with the Hyatt credit card, which is a pretty good one to get – we used one of our free Hyatt nights at the Hyatt Regency in Nice, France.
- Virgin America is offering 999 Elevate points after your next booking, and is also offering $39 fares in some markets (have to book by the end of Wednesday 8/10)
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Facebook
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: A live turtle goes through airport security…. in a used hamburger bun?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them