Daily Getaways is an annual promotion by the U.S. Travel Association. It offers an opportunity to get up to 60% off on points and deals from major airlines, hotel chains, and other travel companies. Daily Getaways 2018 will return on Monday April 9. Packages for the first two weeks are available for preview now, and you can find more details by on the complete 2018 calendar.
Daily Getaways 2018 Week 1 runs April 9-13
- Monday 4/9: Universal Studio Hollywood VIP admission for $139.
- Tuesday 4/10: Choice Privileges points packages from $80 to $265 for 14,000 points to 55,000 points.
- Wednesday 4/11: IHG Rewards Club points packages from 15000 points and up to 130,000 points, cost as low as 0.576 cents each.
- Thursday 4/12: Discounted admission to Busch Gardens and SeaWorld for $50 to $75.
- Friday 4/13: One-day car rental with Avis for $30, and Avis President’s Club Membership for $750.
Daily Getaways 2018 Week 2 runs April 16-20
- Monday 4/16: Three different packages for Hilton points from $150 to $1250.
- Tuesday 4/17: Packages of 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points for $175.
- Wednesday 4/18: Four different Vegas packages from $475 and up.
- Thursday 4/19: Three different Hertz points packages from $280, enough for one-week standard car rental;
- Friday 4/20: Omni Hotel packages, from $160 to $335.
My personal take
The only packages that I am interested in the first two weeks of Daily Getaway 2018 packages are hotel rewards points, except for IHG points. I have purchased the IHG points packages in prior years but sadly the program just recently devalued and I won’t be reloading my IHG points.
- [Read: 3 Reasons why IHG doesn’t have a REAL hotel rewards program ]
- [Read: Clearly Chase and IHG have no idea what is going on ]
Three of the packages have my attention here- packages for Choice Privileges points on Tuesday April 10, Hilton points on Monday April 16, and Wyndam points on Tuesday April 17. I don’t know much about Wyndam points but I know 15,000 points will get you a room for one night. I bought Choice points every year the past few years and they have served me well – from four nights with access to Atlantis Bahamas to weekends in Napa Valley, I put my Choice points to great use. With only 600 points left, I will be reloading for sure.
- [Read: 4 Best Use of Choice Points]
- [Read: Napa Winery Inn, a solid redemption of 30,000 Choice points]
I bought the 250,000 Hilton points packages last year. While many people complain about how bad Hilton redemption is, I often put them to good use because I have been using them solely at high-end Hilton resorts, expensive nights for Napa Valley and special event (such as college football games and concerts). I have not decided if I want to reload again this year as I currently have a good chunk of points left. It is easy to load up on Hilton points thru credit card sign up as well.
- [Read: 5 Best use of Hilton Points]
- [Read: Taking a Closer Look at the New Hilton Cards from American Express]
- [Read: Some users getting a 100% bonus on buying Hilton points]
Remember that points purchased from Daily Getaways do not count towards the annual limit. The deals will start at 10am ET on the date of sale. Each morning next few weeks, we will put up a detail analysis of the day’s packages on sale. Are you interest in any of Daily Getaway 2018 packages for week 1 and week 2?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them