I just got an email from Hyatt about a new promotion that they are running in conjunction with American Airlines. Between now and the end of June, World of Hyatt members will earn 1000 bonus American Airlines AAdvantage miles with each qualifying stay. They actually ran what appears to be the exact same promotion back in February.
1000 AAdvantage miles per Hyatt Place / Hyatt House stay
You can find the link to the promotion here, and prior registration is required. The registration page says
- You must be both a World of Hyatt and an AAdvantage® member to participate.
- Register by November 30, 2018, with your World of Hyatt and AAdvantage® membership numbers.
- Stay at a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel and check out between October 15, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
- When you check in:
- Choose miles: Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles + the standard 500 AAdvantage® miles for your stay.
- Choose points: Earn 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles + World of Hyatt Base Points for your eligible spend.
Possibly another 500 AAdvantage miles per stay
You can get an additional 500 AAdvantage miles per stay, but that requires you to choose “miles” as your earning strategy with Hyatt, which I generally do NOT recommend. Just stick with the points, and get 1000 AAdvantage miles plus your regular Hyatt points
Do award stays count?
From the fine print (bolding mine)
- You will receive 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles for each eligible stay at Hyatt Place and Hyatt House properties during the Promotion Period.
- World of Hyatt will automatically track eligible stays when you provide your World of Hyatt membership number at check-in.
- For the purpose of this promotion, an “eligible stay” is defined as any stay where a member is paying an Eligible Rate or redeems a free night award for at least one night of their stay.
- If a member selects to earn World of Hyatt Base Points at check-in, member will receive 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles in addition to World of Hyatt Base Points earned.
- If a member selects to earn miles at check-in, member will receive 1,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles in addition to 500 base miles earned.
- Only the room occupied by the Member will count toward this promotion.
- Back-to-back stays within one 24-hour period at a single participating hotel are considered one stay
So it looks like award stays DO count, which makes sense to keep things in line with Hyatt’s recent change that award stays now count towards status qualification
Any reason not to sign up for this promotion?
Nope. As is my usual recommendation with these types of promotions where prior registration is required, I recommend that you at least register, regardless of whether or not you think you’ll take advantage of the promotion. That way, even if you forget about it later, you’ll perhaps be pleasantly surprised :). Again, the link to the promotion is here
Good luck and happy stays!