Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Who doesn’t like free points?!?!
Marriott is out with a new promotion where you can earn 3,000 points by linking your Marriott Bonvoy account to your Uber account. Note that the last day to do this is Saturday, December 31st, so if you haven’t done it already, you should probably do it. The good news is that it’s quick and only takes a few minutes.
There is a bit of confusion on both the Doctor of Credit and OMAAT posts on who is eligible for this offer. The terms (read them below) say “open to all members of the Marriott Bonvoy® loyalty program” but also “Members who have not linked their accounts but already have the Uber app do not qualify to earn this bonus offer.”. I already had the Uber app and linked my account and it told me I was registered for the bonus, so we shall see. For the chance at 3,000 Marriott points and given it takes about 30 seconds, I don’t see much downside in trying.
Uber / Marriott linking promotion
On the official Uber / Marriott page, here are the instructions for linking your account
- Make sure you have your Marriott Bonvoy membership information ready
- Open the Uber app — if you have an Uber Eats account, it will be linked at the same time.
- Go to “Settings” and scroll down.
- Tap on “Marriott Bonvoy.”
- Tap “Link Account.”
- Sign in to your Marriott Bonvoy account with your email or membership number and wait for confirmation that your accounts have been linked.
- Start earning on qualifying Uber Eats orders and select Uber rides.
Marriott / Uber bonus earning
Once you link your accounts, you should earn:
- 3 Marriott points per dollar on Uber Premium rides (includes Uber XL, Uber Black, Uber SUV and Uber Comfort)
- 6 Marriott points per dollar when you order Uber Eats while staying at a hotel within the Marriott® portfolio
- 2 Marriott points per dollar when you order Uber Eats at home or on the road.
Terms and Conditions
Here is the fine print
- The 3,000 points bonus is a one-time offer that is open to all members of the Marriott Bonvoy® loyalty program (each, a “Marriott Bonvoy member”) who have not yet linked a Marriott Bonvoy Account and Uber or Uber Eats account.
- Offer is not transferable.
- To qualify for and earn this limited-time offer, Marriott Bonvoy members must (i) download the Uber or Uber Eats app and (ii) link their Marriott Bonvoy account on the Uber or Uber Eats app by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 31, 2022.
- Please see the complete program terms and conditions, guidelines, and restrictions.
- Members who have not linked their accounts but already have the Uber app do not qualify to earn this bonus offer.
- Please allow four to six weeks from completion of linking a Marriott Bonvoy account and Uber or Uber Eats account for 3,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus Points to appear in a Marriott Bonvoy Member Account.
- Other limitations may apply. Terms and conditions are subject to change.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them