Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
In addition to paid travel and credit card sign-up bonuses, another great way to earn points is through shopping portals. For those of you who may not know, shopping portals give you additional points for buying products through them.
(READ MORE: Earning Miles Through Shopping Portals)
(READ MORE: How I earned over 1.6 million points in 2016)
Right now, American is also offering a back to school promotion, which you can learn about here.
American Airlines Holiday Bonus Promotion
This bonus runs from now until November 19th, and is a tiered promotion, meaning:
- Spend $150, get 500 bonus miles
- Spend $600, get 2,000 bonus miles
- Spend $1,200, get 4,000 bonus miles
While this promotion isn’t as high as the United one, it is better than the Southwest one, it make make sense to combine the three promotions if you have a lot of holiday (or just regular!) shopping to do.
Terms & Conditions
- During the “Holiday” bonus campaign, which runs from 10/30/17 through 11/19/17 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 4,000 AAdvantage® miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage® miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $150; Tier 2 bonus: 2,000 miles for qualifying purchases of at least $600; or Tier 3 bonus: 4,000 miles for qualifying purchases of $1,200 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles.
- Please see the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions. Please allow 8-10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShoppingSM account. The Tier 3 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded. Void where prohibited by law.
On the promotion landing page, the website also gives you some sample places where you can shop and earn even more points per dollar on your portal purchases. For example, you can earn 15 points per dollar right now on eBags:
If you spend all $1,200 required for the promotion at eBags (hey, I don’t judge!) you’ll earn 15 points per dollar (18,000 points) plus the 4,000 points for the promotion, for a total of 22,000 points! That’s in addition to the credit card point you’ll earn from spending as well. That almost enough money for a sAAver-level domestic business class segment!
Will you be earning these bonus points? Do you take advantage of these shopping portal bonuses in general? Let us know below!
Images courtesy of American Airlines eShopping portal
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them