Alaska Airlines are running two promotions currently where you can earn up to 4,000 bonus miles.
Earn 1,000 bonus miles for back-to-school shopping
In addition to paid travel and credit card sign-up bonuses, another great way to earn points is through shopping portals. For those of you who may not know, shopping portals give you additional points for buying products through them. We buy a lot of things online these days, why not be rewarded for it?
(READ MORE: Earning Miles Through Shopping Portals)
(READ MORE: How I earned over 1.6 million points in 2016)
It’s back to school shopping season. Like United, American and Southwest Airlines who are offering bonus miles for online shopping, Alaska Airline is joining the party by offering up to 1,000 bonus miles. The bonus is tiered:
- 300 bonus miles when you spend $125;
- 1,000 bonus miles when you spend $350;
- promotion ends August 18, 2017.
- simply go to MileagePlan Shopping here and start your shopping.
Earn 3,000 bonus miles with Take the Dash for Miles Challenge
Starting today, Alaska Airlines are also launching “Take the Dash for Miles Challenge” where you can score 1,000 bonus miles for each partner you earn with through September 30, 2017. The promotion requires registration which can be find here.
Dash for Miles Challenge Offer Terms & Conditions:
- Limited time offer valid August 7, 2017 through September 30, 2017;
- Mileage Plan™ members who register for this offer and complete at least one transaction with each of Mileage Plan Dining, Mileage Plan Shopping, and Miles for Surveys during the promotional period will receive 1,000 bonus Miles for each partner they earn with.
- Registration is required prior to the first qualifying transaction.
- Bonus Miles do not count towards Mileage Plan Elite Status.
- Bonus Miles will be awarded within six weeks of the last qualifying transaction posting to a member’s account.
Bonus miles are always nice, especially if they don’t require too much effort to obtain. It is interesting that Mileage Plan Shopping are included in both promotions. I think they will stack! I am going to register for the Take the Dash for Miles Challenge for my family’s accounts, and spread my kids’ back-to-school shopping to about $125 each. It should earn me 1,300 bonus miles for each account, without even leaving my house!
Are you planning to participate in these two promotions?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.