Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here is some of the best travel news and notes from around the Internet:
- I did not know that Cuba has 2 different currencies – one for locals, and one designed specifically for tourists.
- Caroline writing at the Frugal Travel Guy shares how a minor mistake almost turned into a major problem for her trip. (SEE ALSO: The HUGE mistake I made by not booking my hotel early)
- Apparently the EU is considering requiring visas for visitors from the US to Canada. I’m glad I didn’t need any visas for my RTW trip
- Milo Zanecchia produced a pretty awesome video of a roadtrip loosely following the 45th parallel north – from Switzerland to Mongolia. Personally, I’d have found it way more awesome if they had literally followed the 45th parallel without diverging even one step off 🙂 (H/T The Expeditioner)
- If you missed the 8 tips for driving in Cairo, here are 5 more tips for driving in Europe
Interested in top travel hacks? You should definitely follow me on Pinterest
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: 3 answers you probably shouldn’t give your immigration officer
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them