Have stays coming up at Starwood properties? If you don’t have Starwood elite status, you can sign up for with 2018 SPG status challenge and fast track to Starwood Gold or Platinum Platinum status. Complete details can be found here.
2018 SPG Status Challenge
Instead of 25 in a calendar year, stay 9 nights you can reach SPG Gold status; Instead of 50 nights in a calendar year, stay 18 nights you can reach SPG Platinum status. You must request the challenge by June 30, 2018.
Terms of 2018 SPG Status Challenge
Detail terms of the 2018 SPG status challenge can be found here, and include:
- Registration is required by June 30, 2018 by calling SPG Customer Service to register. Members must choose either the Gold Status Challenge or the Platinum Status Challenge.
- Choose a consecutive three-month earning period from the options provided at time of registration.
- SPG members who earned Gold or Platinum status in or after 2013 are not eligible for the Gold Status Challenge;
- SPG members who earned Platinum in or after 2013 are not eligible for the Platinum Status Challenge.
- Members who have successfully completed any prior SPG status challenges may not register for this Status Challenge.
As SPG elite, you earn bonus points, 4pm late check, room upgrades and more. You can find details of SPG Gold benefits here and SPG Platinum benefits here. Once you have SPG elite status, you can match to the corresponding Marriott Rewards elite level. Furthermore, you can use your SPG elite level to match to Hilton elite status.
If you decide to participate in this status challenge, don’t forget to register for SPG Q1 2018 promo to earn even more points!
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them