Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Flying Blue, the loyalty program of Air France and KLM, offers a number of promotional awards on the first day of each month. The typical discount is around 20-25%, but they can be as deep as 50%. Promo Awards are mostly for economy flights, but a few awards in business class are usually available.
FlyingBlue October 2017 Promo Awards
Flying Blue October 2017 Promo Awards are bookable online, valid for bookings made between October 1 and October 30, 2017, and travel between December 1, 2017 and January 31, 2018. (except for New York to Paris Orly through December 31, 2017). This month’s promo awards will get you 25% off the business class awards to or from North America:
- New York to Paris Orly in Air France business class in the month of December only
- Toronto to Europe in Air France and KLM business class
- Calgary to Europe in KLM business class
- Edmonton to Europe in KLM business class
- Vancouver to Europe in Air France business class
With the 25% discount, you can get to Europe for just 93,750 miles roundtrip in business class (Instead of 125,000 miles). There are limited availability around Christmas but if you are flexible on dates, you might be able to find seats.
The promo periods are during the winter, so it is not surprising to see several Canadian cities are included in the sale just as September promo award. Once again though, it’s disappointing to see that New York is the only city in U.S. on the list. The great thing about Flying Blue Promo Awards is that you can use them to travel anywhere within Europe, including Israel! The downside is that you cannot add a domestic segment on Alaska or Delta airlines to reposition.
Here are the terms and conditions of promo awards:
- Reservations must be made exclusively on www.airfrance.com or www.klm.com (except for bookings for children, infants and minors, who are not authorized to book an award on the website).
- In the event that a technical problem occurs when reserving the promotional fare or if the reservation cannot be finalized, the Flying Blue member must log on to the site and repeat the procedure.
- This award ticket may be used on connecting flights within Europe, and on connecting flights from Europe to long-haul flights, and vice-versa.
- These promotional Promo Award@ may not be modified, cancelled or refunded.
- Promo Award@ are available for one-way tickets and roundtrips.
- Flex Award are not included in the Promo Award@ offer.
Getting Flying Blue miles is easy, as it is transfer partners with all four flexible points program: Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou, and Starwood Preferred Guest. Remember, You can hold your award ticket prior to transferring points by calling the Flying Blue call center.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them