I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
The best deal in hotel points is back! IHG Point Breaks!
5000 points will get you 1 night at any of these ~150 IHG hotels
I have updated my list of the current IHG Point Breaks with map and sortable table.
“Test driving” cars for gift cards is one of my routine side hustles
I put “test driving” in quotes because very rarely (only once!) have I actually had to test drive the car
Currently there’s a Hyundai test drive offer offering a $50 Visa, Target or Amazon gift card
The 2016 World Series is over (boo Cubs!)
But one fun Game 7 story is the guy who paid over 1,000,000 SPG points to throw out the first pitch!
(It’s actually someone those of you in the miles and points / deals world probably know!
United changed its routing rules back in August
They eliminated the stopover on a roundtrip award and instead introduced something called the United Excursionist Perk
Here are a few posts talking about tips, tricks and hacks for the new United routing rules on awards.
- Staples had a moneymaking deal going on last week, and they are at it again – free money Mad Lib at Staples week of 11/6
- I’ve dipped my toes into product reselling, and this week I finally had my first product returned to me
- You can get over 13,000 miles taking advantage of the holiday bonuses at shopping portals
- I was also on the radio this week talking about crazy border crossing stories (though the host didn’t really let me say much!)
- You can earn up to 2000 Southwest Rapid Rewards by referring friends to sign up for the program
- There’s a possible free Ink spend deal going on at Staples right now with Gap cards 20% off. If you belong to the Points With a Crew miles and points Slack channel, you know the place where you can sell Gap cards at 80%!
- And of course, there’s the time my Lyft driver went the wrong way down a one-way street
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.