I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past week or so
The best deal in hotel points is back! IHG Point Breaks!
5000 points will get you 1 night at any of these ~150 IHG hotels
I have updated my list of the current IHG Point Breaks with map and sortable table.
“Test driving” cars for gift cards is one of my routine side hustles
I put “test driving” in quotes because very rarely (only once!) have I actually had to test drive the car
Currently there’s a Hyundai test drive offer offering a $50 Visa, Target or Amazon gift card
The 2016 World Series is over (boo Cubs!)
But one fun Game 7 story is the guy who paid over 1,000,000 SPG points to throw out the first pitch!
(It’s actually someone those of you in the miles and points / deals world probably know!
United changed its routing rules back in August
They eliminated the stopover on a roundtrip award and instead introduced something called the United Excursionist Perk
Here are a few posts talking about tips, tricks and hacks for the new United routing rules on awards.
- Staples had a moneymaking deal going on last week, and they are at it again – free money Mad Lib at Staples week of 11/6
- I’ve dipped my toes into product reselling, and this week I finally had my first product returned to me
- You can get over 13,000 miles taking advantage of the holiday bonuses at shopping portals
- I was also on the radio this week talking about crazy border crossing stories (though the host didn’t really let me say much!)
- You can earn up to 2000 Southwest Rapid Rewards by referring friends to sign up for the program
- There’s a possible free Ink spend deal going on at Staples right now with Gap cards 20% off. If you belong to the Points With a Crew miles and points Slack channel, you know the place where you can sell Gap cards at 80%!
- And of course, there’s the time my Lyft driver went the wrong way down a one-way street
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: Whiny complaints, stiffing the hotel maid, and a place that’s hard to get to
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them