Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
In addition to paid travel and credit card sign-up bonuses, another great way to earn points is through shopping portals. For those of you who may not know, shopping portals give you additional points for buying products through them.
(READ MORE: Earning Miles Through Shopping Portals)
(READ MORE: How I earned over 1.6 million points in 2016)
Right now, Southwest is also offering a back to school promotion, which you can learn about here.
Southwest Holiday Bonus Promotion
This bonus runs from now until November 20th, and is a tiered promotion, meaning:
- Spend $150, get 500 bonus miles
- Spend $500, get 1,000 bonus miles
- Spend $1,000, get 3,000 bonus miles
Terms & Conditions
- During the “Holiday” bonus campaign, which runs from October 30, 2017 through November 20, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 3,000 bonus points on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard points earned from shopping online through Rapid Rewards Shopping®.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined using one of the following tiers, based on Member’s cumulative qualifying purchases made during the Bonus Period: Tier 1 bonus: 500 bonus points for qualifying purchases of at least $150 – $499.99; Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 bonus points for qualifying purchases of at least $500 – $999.99; or Tier 3 bonus: 3,000 bonus points for qualifying purchases of $1,000 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus points. Please see the Rapid Rewards Shopping site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards® account. The Tier 3 bonus provides the maximum number of points that will be awarded. Void where prohibited by law. All Rapid Rewards® rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice.
On the promotion landing page, the website also gives you some sample places where you can shop and earn even more points per dollar on your portal purchases. For example, you can earn 15 points per dollar right now on magazines.com:
If you spend all $1,000 required for the promotion at magazones.com, you’ll earn 15 points per dollar (15,000 points) plus the 3,000 points for the promotion, for a total of 18,000 points! That’s in addition to the credit card point you’ll earn from spending as well. Given that Southwest points are worth about 1.4 cents per point, maximizing this promotion (albeit in a silly way) could earn you ~$250 in Southwest airfare!
REMINDER: If you like to earn Southwest miles, make sure to install their Chrome browser extension!
Will you be earning these bonus points? Do you take advantage of these shopping portal bonuses in general? Let us know below!
Images courtesy of Southwest Rapid Rewards shopping portal
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them