Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
As I’ve mentioned many times before, signing up for credit cards and getting the associated signup bonuses can be one of the strongest ways to get a lot of points. It’s hard to top earning 10, 20 or even more miles and points per dollar you spend, which is fairly common when you’re trying to earn a signup bonus on a card.
Having said that, allow me to repeat my oft-spoken mantra – DO NOT SIGN UP FOR CARDS BECAUSE SOME GUY ON THE INTERNET SAID THAT YOU SHOULD! Figure out what works for you and only go as fast as you understand and feel comfortable
Last week I wrote about how the bonus on the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express was up to an all-time high of 100,000 Hilton points
Now I see that the bonus on the no-fee Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express is back up to an increased amount of 75,000 Hilton points. You can find the application and more details on this and other top hotel cards here.
- 50,000 Hilton points after spending $1000 in the first 3 months
- 25,000 Hilton points after spending an additional $1000 in the first 6 months
This is not the highest we’ve ever seen for this card – it was 80,000 points a few months ago, but does represent an increase over the “regular” signup bonus which is around 40,000 or 50,000 points. Here’s a shot of the pool at the Doubletree Hilton Johor Bahru Malaysia, an absolute steal at only 10,000 Hilton points / night
Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express benefits
Besides the signup bonus, the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express does come with the following benefits
- Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Expanding merchant acceptance: Over 1 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in the last year.
- Spend $20,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
As mentioned, this card has no annual fee
It is my understanding that both of these offers are limited time and expire on October 4th. You can find the application and more details on this and other top hotel cards here.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them