Things have been hot and heavy here at Points With a Crew this week. In case you missed some of the great posts, here’s a recap:
- On Christmas Day, there was a Etihad mistake fare which let you fly from New York to Asia, Africa or the Middle East for around $200. Many people got in on those fares, here’s why I sat out and did not book one.
- If you have an American Express Serve account, you can get a free $10 by creating what they call a “Reserve” account.
- There was a shooting at the Columbus Airport – here was the original post on the CMH shooting along with a followup post with some more information on the Columbus Airport shooting.
- To help keep things up to date, I created a static resource page with a listing of all the Singapore Airlines Suites Class destinations. That might help you find availability if Suites Class is on your bucket list (it’s not on my travel bucket list … but maybe it should be?)
- In addition to some of the “Best of” Points With a Crew posts at the end of the year, here was a look back at some of the “hidden gems” – the posts that didn’t get as many views as they deserved – 2014 hidden gems: Traveler’s Triangle, paying $15 for the seat next to mine, road trips, BRGs, #FT4RL, transfering Arrival miles, 17 pieces of luggage and more
- Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and book a “Standard” award – would you agree?
- Club Carlson’s Q1 2015 promo (called “Extend Your Stay”) is pretty lucrative – you can earn up to 40,000 points per 3 night stay.
- Reader question: What do you put on as “income” on credit card applications if you’re a stay at home mom?
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them