Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
In case you missed it, this week was a busy week at Points With a Crew! Carolyn and I went on a surprise trip to Puerto Rico, but I find a bit of time to schedule in some posts while we were gone. I’ll be publishing the rest of the trip report this week, but in the meantime, check out what you might have missed.
To make sure you never miss another post, you can sign up for our daily newsletter – only one email per day
- I wrote a few quizzes on Sporcle, the online quiz site. Can you name the 15 oneworld alliance members, the 20 SkyTeam alliance members, or the 27 Star Alliance members?
- Hotel review of the Fairfield Inn Dayton North. I understand that it’s not quite the “Vendome” on the level of ritziness, but there ARE people that need to pick a hotel when flying in or out of the Dayton Airport, and this is the one we chose.
- There are lots of mileage programs out there – here’s 5 reasons why I think Chase Ultimate Rewards are the best ones out there.
- Speaking of our surprise trip, you might have missed the video I took with Carolyn guessing our final destination (see if she listed the eventual destination of Puerto Rico in her 4 guesses!)
- If you’re nervous flying (or know someone who is!), check out this new app that uses historical flight safety information to calculate the odds that your flight is going down, based on origin, destination, airline and aircraft type.
- Or if you’re flying Southwest this month, check out the January #SouthwestHeart scavenger hunt (and see my pics!)
- Normally, Barclay only allows you to redeem Arrival miles on transactions of $25 or higher – see the trick I found out about how to use Arrival miles to pay for smaller transactions (such as airline TSA fees)
- Ever wonder about the actual flight path that your aircraft is taking? Our flight from Baltimore to San Juan, Puerto Rico was not even close to the minimal straight line distance. Check out the website that lets you track them
- And to cap things out, check out the list of the most ridiculous landmarks in all 50 states, from Kentucky’s Big Bone Lick, Alabama’s humongous lady skinny dipping or Wyoming’s giant jackalope statue
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them