- What is #FT4RL?
- How to book an award flight from Cincinnati to Washington DC
- Transfering Chase Ultimate Rewards to get a free flight on British Airways
- Getting a US Airways confirmation number!
- Avis changes my price when adding my wizard number
- I stop Avis's dirty tricks!
- Trip report
- 1st speaker - Miles to Memories
- 2nd speaker - Jason Steele from The Points Guy
- 3rd speaker - Phil from Miles Abound
- 4th speaker - Susan from Carolina Travel Girl
- 5th speaker - Debra from Traveling Well for Less
I will continue to preach this from the rooftops but when we travel, my kids don’t care anything about the hotel other than if there is a swimming pool and a waffle maker for breakfast (ironically, this would make them less some of the “fancier” hotels even LESS, since breakfast is not included at most higher-end hotels unless you have status)
There are other bloggers out there that focus on family travel. There’s BoardingArea’s own Mommy Points, as well as the Deal Mommy, Pizza in Motion, and I’m sure I’m forgetting some as well
So to support those of us with families, Dia at The Deal Mommy has set up a conference called Family Travel For Real Life (#FT4RL). The purpose of the conference is
Travel with kids is not only possible, but necessary. By sharing the world with our children, we expand both their minds and our own, creating a lifetime’s worth of wonder that can come no other way.
Confirmed Speakers and Schedule:
- 9:00-9:45: Registration and meet your fellow travelers
- 9:45-10:00: Welcome from The Deal Mommy
- 10:00-10:55: Shawn Coomer, Dad, from Miles to Memories on the topic of extended travel with your kids (with an assist from The Deal Mommy on Camp Mom).
- 11:00-11:55: Phil, Dad of 2, from Miles Abound on how to earn miles without opening 10 credit cards in one day or spending 20K a month and which programs are best for families.
- 12:00-12:55: Lunch (be sure to use this time to meet new friends and chat travel!)
- 1:00-1:55: Jason Steele, Dad of 2 and well-known points expert, on using those points on family travel (Have you ever tried to book 4 award tickets?)
- 2:00-2:55: Susan DeBruhl, Mom and Grandma, from Carolina Travel Girl on lodging options when a regular hotel room just isn’t gonna cut it. I’ll have lots to share on this topic as well, including how I rent condos worldwide for $35/night!
- 2:55-3:10: Afternoon Break and snack
- 3:10-4:05: Debra Schroeder, Mom of 2, from Traveling Well for Less on how to keep saving once you get to your destination.
- 4:05-5:00: Ask the Speakers session. Make sure to bring your specific travel questions!
I’m excited to go and hopefully pick up some new family related travel tips!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Wish I could come but have a kiddo starting kindergarten on Monday. Shame when real life gets in the way of attending something that would help for real life! 😉 Anyway, take some good notes and be sure to give those of us who can’t go a full report. And definitely count me in for a West Coast version of this.
I will definitely take good notes! And depending on how things go, I think it would be awesome to try another one of these somewhere else next year.
Hi- I’m planning on going and am from Cincinnati too. Can you find me and my husband Matt? Would love to meet you. Twitter handle is tepenm. Thx!
Great! I think it’s a small conference so hopefully it should be easy to find each other. I’ll be on the lookout!
I did not know about this. Thanks for sharing. I wish it was happening 2 weeks earlier as I will be in BWI for a wedding! Not sure I can swing this, but I might think about it.
Would love to attend,please tell more about it
Sam – details are in the link in the post if you want to attend. I think there are still some seats left