- I wrote last week about 2 HUGE negative changes coming out from Citi – account shutdowns and the removal of the ability to fund checking accounts with a credit card (here’s my Citibank account shutdown scare!). Over on Miles per Day, there was a first-hand account of a reader whose Citi account was shut down. Worth the read! I will say that this particular person was hitting things REALLY hard, but I guess as MPD quoted – “If you aren’t shut down, you’re not hitting it hard enough.”
- I’m pretty sure you should not use your passport as toilet paper (HT: OMAAT)
- Speaking of passports, even though they’re like the ultimate in ID, they’re apparently not good enough to buy gift cards.
- Thanks to all my readers who helped me qualify on the list of the “Top 50 travel blogs” I came in at #45, and yes, I do realize that probably needs a helping dose of air quotes.
- I enjoyed reading Traveling the World’s compendium of the places that he’d like to live. I once took one of those online quizzes that told me which US cities I should live in and after a fairly detailed question list it came back with…. Cincinnati 🙂
Up for more travel news? Here’s the previous installment: The strangest time zones, putting your dorm room on airbnb, BRG fails, and a $2500 (NOT!) hotel room
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them