I hope that you’ve enjoyed the past week of travel information – here’s a recap of what you may have missed from Points With a Crew over the past 7 days
I knew it might be controversial, but I decided to announce that in case of an emergency, Sorry, I’m TAKING my bags with me
I did get lots of angry comments (worth the read!), but there were some other good points made in a calm manner that I hadn’t thought about before
Look for a followup post next week with some further discussion about it
SPG has a new promotion called SPG Open the World
You can play twice per account per day, and I actually WON (only 1000 Starpoints)
The grand prize is 250,000 Starpoints – so what would YOU do with 250,000 Starpoints?
We were finally heading to Europe… sitting in our fancy Aer Lingus Business Class seats (pictured left)
Sipping our pre-departure drink….
Here are the rest of this week’s stories:
- Well, our flight got canceled, but that just meant that we got to review the Aer Lingus Boston lounge TWICE! Not bad, but the Air France lounge (that you can get in to with Priority Pass) is better.
- Driver’s licenses from 4 states may no longer qualify to get you past TSA security starting in 2016. If you belong to one of these 4 states, you may need to either get an enhanced driver’s license or bring a passport, even for domestic flights.
- Staying at the Park Lane Hilton in London, I had some great service even before I booked in
- Do you go to church while on vacation? I did, and had a great time!
Miles, Points and Credit cards
- Signing up for a credit card can be a lucrative way to get lots of airline miles and points. But when you cancel your card you have to be careful – here’s how not to lose your miles and points.
News and Notes
- Non-stop flights from Cleveland to Cincinnati are returning this fall – $379 gets you a flight, ground transportation to the airport and more!
If you’re still up for more travel reading, here’s last week’s recap: How to kill a deal FAST, rethinking my IHG Accelerate offers and Avianca’s crazy US geography
Join the PWaC newsletter filled with credit card and travel tips
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them