We’ve written about this deal before but it appears to be back! It appears to be targeted but if so, it seems widely targeted.
Get 50% off when you use American Express Membership Rewards points
We looked into it some more and tried getting an Amazon gift card itself, but the deal wouldn’t work with an Amazon gift card. I was not targeted this time but in the past, I have tried it with other gift cards such as Lowe’s, Cheesecake Factory, and Uber. Here’s the catch, not all Amex Membership Rewards Account are targeted. I’ll share with you how you can check if you were targeted.
Terms of the offer
Selected terms of this offer include:
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 5:00pm PT on 06/30/2024.
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- This offer only applies to eligible products. Eligible purchases are products sold and shipped by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities are not eligible, even if they are fulfilled by Amazon.com or Prime eligible. Digital content products are also not eligible.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards® enrolled Card issued in United States. Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
Step by Step Guide
To take advantage of this offer, follow these steps:
- Add your Membership Rewards earning American Express card to your Amazon payment method.
- Then activate the offer
- Add items sold by Amazon LLC to cart
- Check out and apply a minimum of one Membership Rewards points (worth $0.01).
- You should see 50% off your total purchase.
What to buy at Amazon
Of course the best thing to buy is something that you were already planning on buying! After all 50% of something you don’t need is a waste of 80% of your money 🙂
If you don’t have anything to buy, you could consider getting gift cards. Amazon gift cards typically don’t work but last time I did this, physical gift cards did work if they were sold by Amazon.com. If you’re a reseller, there are a few brands (Safeway, Lowe’s, etc) that would be profitable or you might get gift cards to a store that you use often.
You can also check out some of the Amazon daily deals
Were you targeted with this offer? What did you end up buying?
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Some or all of the card offers that appear on the website are from advertisers and that compensation may impact on how and where card products appear on the site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners and I do not include all card companies, or all available card offers. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers and other offers and benefits listed on this page. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
User Generated Content Disclosure: Points With a Crew encourages constructive discussions, comments, and questions. Responses are not provided by or commissioned by any bank advertisers. These responses have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the responsibility of the bank advertiser to respond to comments.