Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
Here’s the latest installment of great travel news that I have seen from around the travel world
- The Deal Mommy shares her tips on how to handle lodging for families in Europe. Occupancy limits are a lot stricter in Europe than in the US (where it kind of seems like anything goes), so it’s a little more complicated for those of us with large families. In addition to Dia’s tips, I have compiled some good information on the Travelodge “family room” in the UK.
- Don’t forget I’m giving away 2 Amazon gift cards – enter here!
- Travel bucket lists are pretty common from most people who have done (or want to do!) any traveling. I know *I* have a travel bucket list – I mean I am even tracking the counties and other places I’ve visited. The Point Princess weighs in with a Top 5 bucket list here in the USA.
- Miles to Memories reports on a change to Barclays policy on getting multiple bonuses for particular products. You still are unlikely to get a 2nd bonus while your first card is open, but you can now apparently get multiple bonuses on the same card. I have not had great luck with Barclays and approving me on new cards, but this is definitely a great move in the right direction.
- Economy Class and Beyond reports that the Irish government has agreed to the sale of the Aer Lingus airline to IAG, the parent company of British Airways and Iberia. This should also lead to Aer Lingus rejoining the oneworld alliance (QUIZ: Can you name the oneworld alliance members?)
- Kenny from Miles4More shared a very entertaining story about trying to race through an airport to catch a connecting flight with his wife, who has a prosthetic leg.
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them