Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Some links on this page may pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus credit card is a great card to add to your portfolio! With a welcome offer of 75,000 Marriott points worth roughly $750, this is a perfect way to start earning your way to your next adventure.
Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Review
After your minimum spending, having (at least) 81,000 Marriott points can stretch pretty far! It can get you two nights in the beautiful Marriott City Center in Salt Lake City.
Or one night in the beautiful Le Meridien in Bora Bora!
However, this card isn’t only about the sign-up bonus. You can also earn…
- 6 points per dollar on purchases at Marriott and SPG properties
- 2 points per dollar on all other purchased
The Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card also comes with these features.
- 1 FREE night award after your account anniversary. These can be used at any property that is 35,000 points or less per night. So the Marriott in Salt Lake City above would qualify.
- Automatic Silver Elite status. This allows you to get 10% more points on purchases at the hotel, priority late checkout, free Wi-Fi, and no blackout dates!
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Lost luggage reimbursement up to $3,000.
- Purchase protection.
In my opinion, the best part about this card and loyalty program is the vast amount of properties. Since the merger of SPG and Marriott in 2018, they now have over 6,700 properties. You will be hard pressed to not find a hotel during your travels.
I think this is a great “mid-tier” card. With only a $95 annual fee, there is a ton of value to be extracted from this card. However, I wouldn’t consider this the best card for everyday spending.
If you are interested in one of these cards, there are specific rules to who can get this card. So be sure you fall within the rules before you apply. With the upcoming changes coming as part of the Marriott Bonvoy program, you may have a limited time to get this card before it changes to the “Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card from Chase”!
If you do fall within these rules, we would appreciate if you use our link to apply for the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card.