Here’s some news and notes from around the travel world that you might be interested in:
- Best Rate Guarantees have turned into nothing but a sham argues Richard Kerr over at TPG. Gotta say I have to agree with him – given that it’s taken me at times FIVE TRIES to get an obvious one approved, and that’s back a few years ago in the “good old days!”
- Buried in a story about LeBron James leaving Cleveland (again) for Los Angeles, was a tidbit that Cleveland Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue just spent the weekend in Las Vegas with “more than 30 relatives he flew in by cashing in years’ worth of credit card points“. I wonder what card he used and whether he got a good deal! Hopefully he’s read our Beginner’s Guide or joined our free miles and points Facebook group!
- British Airways suggested this passenger file a police report, not a lost baggage claim. Seems a bit strange..
- Lufthansa recently won a lawsuit against a website that was advertising an “error fare”
- Get em while you can – 10 favorite low category SPG redemptions
Up for more travel news? You might like our last recap post: Wyndham Rewards is sending out free gifts to members