Don't miss out! Join the thousands of people who subscribe to our once-daily email or our free miles and points Facebook group with all the best travel news. Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
What did I say? It’s raining Amex Offers. This time you could be rewarded with additional Membership Rewards
What’s the deal
- Check your Amex Offers on your Amex card that earns Membership Rewards points (how to check offers – see below)
- Add offer to your card
- Spend a minimum of $5,500 in one or more eligible transactions (up to 3x)
- Per Amex, “these bonus points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card under the terms of the Membership Rewards program.”
- Offer expires 11/20/2018
- For more details, please read the Offer Terms
The way I see this, if you use your Amex card and link this offer with that card, and you spend $5,500 on your purchases that typically earn 1x, you get your normal 5,500 MRs. Plus, with this offer, you should also get a bonus of 5,500 MRs. And this offer allows you take advantage of this bonus up to 3x.
How do you check for Amex Offers
You can check these from your desktop computer (scroll down under Recent Transactions and you’ll see Amex offers and benefits), or using your smartphone, once you’re in the Amex app, you’ll see Offers in the bottom of the screen.
[SEE ALSO: How to sync multiple Amex Offers ]
Key things to know about Amex Offers
- Amex offers are targeted offers, if someone has an offer you didn’t get, you can’t call Amex to request the offer be added to yours
- If interested in using an offer, you have to click Add to Card
- Follow the instructions, restrictions do apply (expiration date, what you can or cannot buy, places where you can or cannot use the offer)
- Offers come in a form of credit or in some cases, additional Amex Membership Rewards Bonus (could be found on cards that offer MRs)
- Credits or bonuses don’t always post immediately, some could take weeks. Read the details of the offer.
Did you get this offer? Let me know if you will take advantage of this offer. Good luck
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them