Following yesterday’s news of great pricing to Paris in June on low-cost carriers, TAP Portugal has opened availability to numerous European destinations from their east coast American locations. Options are too numerous to mention: Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Scandinavia, and the Low Countries are all represented, as well as London. Deals from all cities except Washington are available at least through the first week of June, with some stretching further into the month and longer (and some one-way flights good through the end of the year). Washington’s sale routes are very limited and while 1-ways are available into July, round trips run middle to late June. Search your favorite OTA or Google flights for a general range of destinations. Some highlights include:
- New York to Madrid from $115 one-way, $271 round trip through June 6
- Miami to Zurich $145 one-way (all year); $343 round trip through June 6
- Boston to Amsterdam from $145 one-way; $338 round trip through June 13
- Washington to Frankfurt from $184; $469 round trip from mid-June returning by June 30
These are TAP’s basic economy, which includes carry-on and meals. 1st checked bag is $35 each way, and fares with seat selection + 2 checked bags start at $55 above basic economy. Search for the best options for your particular trip. If you find a price that works for you, you can book with confidence knowing that any fare marketed in the US can be cancelled within 24-hours at no cost. Have fun planning your summer vacation!
How to Book
- Follow links for sample dates or search your favorite OTA / Google Flights for departure and destination
- NY/MIA/BOS: March – June 6th, with some late June options. WAS: mid-late June, 2019
- 4-day minimum stay required generally, with some immediate turnarounds possible
SEE ALSO: (5 hotels for our Europe trip (can you help me find 2 more?)
SEE ALSO: (What’s the best credit card to go to Europe?)
Good luck and happy flying!
Points With a Crew has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Points With a Crew and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Other links on this page may also pay me a commission - as always, thanks for your support if you use them
Can this be stacked with the AARP and BA cc discounts?
AARP’s British Airways discounts only work for BA flights.
Also 278 Canadian Dollars from YYZ. Wide open.
Good find! Given yesterday’s post included Canadian cities, I should have checked today.